Park Rentals - Fireworks
Please allow 10 business days to process. The exact location of where the fireworks are going to be discharged must be supplied in order to start the park permitting process.
TO OBTAIN A FIREWORKS PERMIT:
- High Hazard permits can only be applied for by going to:
The Fire Department
2nd Floor, 185 King Street
- Low Hazard permits process:
- Contact Park Bookings to book park space
- Bookings will put you in contact with Area Technician to receive approval letter
- Take approval letter to 185 King Street, 2nd Floor to obtain permit
More information and Fire Station locations are in the following brochure:
Consumer Fireworks Display Permit Application and Information
How do I determine what kind of permit I require?
High Hazard fireworks in City Parks or on Community Centre property include:
- Pyrotechnics displays
- Display provided by commercial company
Low Hazard fireworks in City Parks or on Community Centre property include:
- Fireworks purchased at a local store
- Service not provided by commercial company
Applying for a High Hazard Permit:
- Complete steps one through four of the Park Rental Process (click here)
- You will receive a copy of your tentative park rental permit
- Rental is considered tentative until permission is granted for fireworks display
- The Park Booking Clerk will request permission for high hazard fireworks from the parks area superintendent
- If approved the permit will be processed
- You will be contacted if permission is not granted
- You are responsible for providing the fireworks contractor with a copy of approved permission application. Contractor must have a copy of this approval in order for them to apply for a High Hazard Event Display Approval. (attention fireworks contractors: click here for an Insurance information)
- You will receive a copy of your approval permit upon High Hazard Event Display Approval.
Your permit will be cancelled if application for High Hazard Event Display Approval was not filed at least 2 weeks prior to event.