Commemorative tree donation program
The commemorative tree donation program invites members of the public to enhance city parks and greenspaces by purchasing a tree in tribute to a person, pet or to commemorate an occasion.
Application forms are accepted year round:
The planting season begins May 15th and ends October 15th annually. Please download the commemorative tree donation agreement form here.
- An individual person, wishing to donate a tree or a group of trees must complete the Commemorative Tree Donation agreement available on the City of Winnipeg website and submit the completed form to the Urban Forestry Branch.
- The program coordinator will contact the donor to confirm tree species selection, planting location and planting date. Final approval of the species and location is at the discretion of the Public Works Department.
- As the application is approved the donation will be input into the system and the donation cheque will be processed.
- Once payment has been received, the installation of the tree will be scheduled. Planting dates are variable due to weather, inventory, construction and special events.
- Commemorative trees will be added to the City of Winnipeg tree inventory database with special notes about the commemoration. The tree will be added to the Manitoba Tree Register, upon approval of the donor.
- Written confirmation along with a certificate will be mailed after planting has been completed.
The total cost is $1000.00 which includes one 2" caliper size tree, all planting services, and warranty.
List of acceptable tree species for boulevard planting. Commemorative trees are covered by a two-year warranty period.
The donation is tax deductible.