Graffiti control by-law FAQ
The following information provides responses to frequently asked questions from retailers.
- Post the required sign notifying the public about the graffiti control by-law near where spray paint is sold.
- Restrict sale of spray paint to persons 18 years of age and older.
- Store spray paint and related materials in a secure storage space that is locked or otherwise inaccessible to the public.
- Requirements may vary from store to store.
- The City can provide retailers with pictures that contain examples suitable secure storage spaces.
- Retailers are permitted to develop alternate storage spaces that are locked or that otherwise effectively restrict public access to these areas.