West Kildonan Library
Naming Rights Opportunity
|365 Jefferson Avenue Winnipeg Manitoba R2V 0N3|
West Kildonan Library prides itself on strong customer service and being the sort of place where everybody knows your name. Built around strong community involvement, the current branch was built in 1967 to celebrate Canada’s Centennial. The library keeps close ties local day cares and elementary schools.
West Kildonan Library has also partnered with The Winnipeg Humane Society to offer the innovative See Spot Read program, which encourages children to improve their literacy skills by reading out loud to dogs. Adults in the area make good use of the libraries public access computers and can often be found working on cover letters and resumes, or just perusing the internet. The book collection is also well used, with mysteries and cookbooks among the most popular.
- Population demographic: 29,110 people
- Age of Facility: 47 years old (constructed in 1967)
- Total number of hours open: 45.50 hours (summer) / 52.50 hours (winter)
- Number of items circulated in 2013: 246,768 items
- Number of library visits in 2013: 102,833 visits
- Number of programs in 2013: 213 programs
- Number of program attendees in 2013: 3,200 attendees
- Other Amenities:
- Parking (lot and street)
- Handicap Accessible
- Bookable auditorium
- On Public Transportation route
- Study and leisure ready space
- Some A/V equipment available with auditorium
Potential Sponsor should note that GST applies to Naming Right Sponsorships.