Maximum Fare Schedule
- This maximum fare schedule sets out the maximum fare rates to be charged by taxi vehicles.
- The meter on a taxi vehicle must always be on when transportation service is being delivered.
- Lower amounts may be charged and could be negotiated in advance.
- If a rate is negotiated in advance the amount charged to the customer cannot be more than the total fare displayed on the meter at the end of the trip.
- Limousine and Luxury vehicle maximum rates are not regulated, but must be posted and agreed to in advance.
|CATEGORY||Basic Charge||Each Additional 100 Metres||Each 18.4 seconds of waiting time|
|Taxicabs (Standard and Accessible)||$ 3.75||$ 0.16||$ 0.16|
|Taxicabs - from Airport (Standard and Accessible)||$ 5.00||$ 0.16||$ 0.16|
GST included in fare
Driver may ask for fare in advance in accordance with the Vehicle for Hire by-law.