Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
City of Winnipeg
|  Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |
COVID-19: City of Winnipeg response and latest updates on City facilities and services COVID-19 : Mesures prises par la Ville de Winnipeg et dernières nouvelles sur les installations et services municipaux

Billing related to frozen pipes

This applies to customers whose pipes were thawed on the City's portion of the water pipe. Customers whose pipes were thawed on the property owner's portion of the water pipe are responsible to pay the full amount of the water and sewer charges.

I received a high bill. What should I do?

Pay the same amount you paid on your last quarterly bill. If you are not sure what your last bill amount was, contact us.

When will my account be adjusted?

When you provide us with a water meter reading, be sure to request an adjustment on your utility bill. If the adjustment is not reflected on your next quarterly utility bill, please pay the amount you paid last quarter or your normal bill amount. The adjustment will then appear on the following quarterly utility bill.

How much will my credit be?

We will credit your utility account for water use that is greater than your normal water use during a similar period in a previous year.

I am on pre-authorized payment? Will the full bill come out of my account?

Yes. If you do not want to do this, contact us at least five days before the date the amount will be withdrawn from your account. We will stop your pre-authorized payment for this bill ONLY. You can then pay the same amount you paid on your last quarterly bill.

Will late payment charges be applied to the outstanding balance?

If there are late payment charges on your utility bill, please contact us to have your account reviewed. If there are late payment charges due to running water to prevent frozen pipes, we will adjust your utility bill.

Last updated: March 27, 2017

Was this information helpful?

How can we make it better?

Any personal information included in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Quelles améliorations pourrions-nous faire?

Les renseignements personnels qui sont inclus dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer notre site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone (311) si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.