Combined Sewer Overflow Relief Projects
This program involves installing new sewer pipes in areas of the city with combined sewers to help:
- Protect homes from basement flooding,
- Protect the water quality in the rivers and Lake Winnipeg by reducing the frequency of combined sewer overflows.
Since 2013, the City invested over $90 million in systems and infrastructure in the combined sewer system. Prior to 2013, it is estimated that the City invested over $300 million in CSO relief.
- Cockburn and Calrossie Sewer Separation Project
- Jefferson East Sewer Separation Project
- Ferry Road and Riverbend Sewer Separation Project