Cockburn and Calrossie Sewer Separation Project
The work for the project will be entirely contained on public property and will take place in Calrossie Toiler Park, along the Red River, east of Riverside Drive, between Byng Place and Calrossie Blvd.
The City of Winnipeg Water and Waste Department has identified that changes to the existing combined sewer system are required to alleviate basement flooding and reduce the number of combined sewer overflows in the Fort Gary/Fort Rouge area.
The Cockburn and Calrossie Combined Sewer Relief Works Conceptual Design Report was completed in 2010. The study determined that the current level of service (LOS) for the district's combined sewer is lower than a 5 year return period design storm.
Construction of new land drainage sewers (LDS) in the Cockburn and Calrossie combined sewer district will convey wet weather runoff freeing up capacity in the existing sewers and improving the LOS. The proposed sewer separation works will be carried out over a number of years requiring a total of 14 Contacts within the Fort Gary/Fort Rouge area.
Construction of combined sewer overflow and basement flood relief works in the Cockburn and Calrossie combined sewer district commenced in November 2013 with Contract 1. To date, Contracts 1-4 and 5a have been completed at an investment of $38.5 Million. Nine more construction contracts are still required to complete the Cockburn and Calrossie sewer separation works. Details of the current contracts are as follows:
Contract No. 5
- Contract start date: Jun 2019
- Expected completion date: Aug 2020
- Estimated cost of contract: $12 Million
- Scope of work: A new land drainage trunk sewer will be installed along Taylor Avenue from the intersection of Pembina Highway and Wentworth Street to Wilton Street by a trenchless tunnel method to minimize above ground disruption and impact to local residents and the public at large.
- Contract start date: February 2019
- Expected completion date: August 2019
- Estimated cost of contract: $8 Million
- Scope of work: A new land drainage trunk sewer will be installed along Wilton Street from Taylor Avenue to Grant Avenue, along with new land drainage lateral sewers for city streets extending approximately one (1) block east and west of Wilton Street, by a trenchless tunnel method to minimize above ground disruption and impact to local residents and the public at large.
- Contract start date: October 2019
- Expected completion date: July 2020
- Estimated cost of contract: $4.2 Million
- Scope of work: A new land drainage trunk sewer will be installed along Grant Avenue from Guelph Street to approximately Cambridge Street by a trenchless tunnel method to minimize above ground disruption and impact to local residents and the public at large.
Data values on this page are representative of work completed as of June 2019.
- Parker Information Session Advertisement (February 2017)
- Information Session Post Card (February 2017)
- Information Session Presentation Boards (February 2017)
- Toilers Park Feedback Report (April 2014)
- Follow up to Open House for Toilers Park (May 2014)
- Toilers Park Open House storyboards(April 2014)
- Invitation to Toilers Park Open House(March 2014)
- Letter to residents (December 2013)
Open house: Construction in Toilers Park
We invite you to an open house to learn more about our construction work and our landscaping plans for the park this spring.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
5:30 – 7:30 pm (drop-in format)
Lord Roberts Community Centre,
725 Kylemore Avenue
At the open house, we will:
- provide an update on construction work,
- share proposed landscaping plans for the park, including options for new park signage, and
- welcome your feedback.
- You can view the storyboards online.
Parker Storm Retention Basin Engagement
Thank you to all who attended the Parker Storm Retention Basin information session on Tuesday February 28, 2017.
If you were unable to attend the information session, we encourage you to
view our presentation boards and provide your comments online in the comments section. The project team can also be contacted at 311 or by email email@example.com.
If you would like to stay updated on City of Winnipeg public engagement events, sign up for our newsletter.