View Recycling depots in a larger map
Community recycling depots
Community recycling depots accept the same materials as our curbside recycling program, and are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Community recycling depot locations:
- St. James Civic Centre
2055 Ness Avenue at Guildford Street
- Magnus Eliason Recreation Centre
430 Langside Street
- Pan Am Pool
Poseidon Bay at Taylor Avenue
- 1539 Waverley Street
At Chevrier Boulevard
4R Winnipeg Depots
4R Winnipeg Depots are larger and accept more materials than the community recycling depots.
You can drop off any material that is accepted in our curbside recycling program at a 4R Winnipeg Depot during regular operating hours.
Visit our 4R Winnipeg Depot page for more information, including locations, hours of operation and a full list of materials accepted at the 4R Winnipeg Depots.
Recycling depot accepted materials
You can drop off the same materials that are accepted in our curbside recycling program at any community recycling depot or 4R Winnipeg Depot.
Plastic, Metal AND Glass
- all food and beverage containers (e.g., jars, cans, bottles, cartons)
- plastic containers (e.g., bottles, pails, tubs, jugs)
- plastic packaging
Paper and Cardboard
- newspapers, flyers, mail, magazines, paper
- all cardboard boxes and cartons (e.g., pizza, cereal, laundry)
You CANNOT drop off these items at the recycling depots:
- plastic bags, cellophane
- plastics that are not a container (e.g., laundry baskets, toys, plastic cutlery)
- aluminum foil, foil pie plates, foil food containers
- foam cups, foam food containers, foam egg cartons, foam meat trays
- foam packing materials
- mirrors, window glass, broken glass
- light bulbs, drinking glasses, ceramics, cookware
- steel pots and pans, scrap metal
- leaf and yard waste
For information on what to do with these items:
Leaf and yard waste
Please do not drop off your leaf and yard waste at the recycling depots.
Residents can place leaf and yard waste out for collection once every two weeks, from April to November.
Leaf and yard waste can be dropped off at any 4R Winnipeg Depot. Please visit our 4R Winnipeg Depot page to confirm locations and hours of operation.
Tips and suggestions:
- Put your materials into the designated bins.
- You can leave lids on containers, caps on bottles, staples in paper, labels on containers, and windows in envelopes.
- Crush bottles, milk jugs and cartons to leave more room in the bins.
- A quick rinse of food and beverage containers helps prevent bacteria and odours.
Didn't find the answer you're looking for? Check out our recycling cart collection page.
For more information, contact 311.