June 30, 2020 – Outdoor pool bookings begin
Select outdoor pools and wading pools are scheduled to open to the public as early as July 3, 2020, in accordance with the Province of Manitoba’s Restoring Safe Services plan.
Capacity at the outdoor pools will be reduced to help ensure social distancing guidelines are maintained. Residents must pre-book their two-hour swim blocks in advance, as required by public health guidelines, prior to arriving at heated or non-heated outdoor pools.
Beginning July 1, 2020, residents will be able to pre-book their two-hour swim blocks by contacting 311 or through leisureONLINE. Video tutorials are available on how to create a leisureONLINE account and how to register for an activity.
Registration for swim blocks will become available as each amenity is approved to open.
Open Street routes extended
The following nine streets in Winnipeg are designated as Open Streets routes (extended Sunday/Holiday bicycle routes), previously referred to as active transportation routes, daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. until Monday, September 7, 2020:
- Lyndale Drive - Cromwell Street to Gauvin Street
- Scotia Street - Anderson Avenue (at St. Cross Street) to Armstrong Avenue
- Wellington Crescent - Academy Road (at Wellington Crescent) to Guelph Street
- Wolseley Avenue - Raglan Road to Maryland Street
- Churchill Drive - Hay Street to Jubilee Avenue
- Egerton Road - Bank Avenue to Morier Avenue
- Kildonan Drive - Helmsdale Avenue to Rossmere Crescent & Larchdale Crescent to Irving Place
- Kilkenny Drive - Burgess Avenue to Patricia Avenue and Kings Drive
- Rover Avenue – Hallet Street to Stephens Street (beginning July 6)
Assiniboine Avenue from Bedson Street to Westwood Drive will remain an Open street until Monday, July 6, 2020.