June 24, 2021 Media Release
In the past week, the Guns & Gangs Unit, with the assistance of the Tactical Support Team and General Patrol officers, has made several arrests involving individuals involved in drug trafficking. During these arrests, five firearms and approximately $30,000 worth of drugs were seized.
On June 18, 2021, the Guns & Gangs Unit executed a search warrant at an apartment in the 600 block of Victor Street.
Five people were taken into custody, and a number of items were seized, including the following:
- SKS semi-automatic rifle with ammunition
- .22 calibre revolver and ammunition
- approximately 100 grams of cocaine (estimated street value $10,000)
- 5 grams of crack cocaine (estimated street value $300)
- $300 Canadian currency
- drug packaging materials and paraphernalia
Two adult males and three youth males of Winnipeg were charged with numerous firearm and drug-related offences. One of the adults was detained in custody; the other was released on an Undertaking. The three youths were released with future court appearances (as mandated per the Criminal Code).
On June 20, 2021, at approximately 6:00 p.m., the Guns & Gangs Unit, with the assistance of the Tactical Support Team, arrested 4 adults outside the 600 block of Aberdeen Avenue as the result of a drug investigation.
During a search, the following items were seized:
- a loaded Mossberg 12 Gauge shotgun
- a loaded improvised firing device
- approximately 145 grams of methamphetamine (estimated street value of $2,500)
- approximately 13 grams of crack cocaine (estimated street value of $2,600)
- approximately 45 grams of fentanyl (estimated street value of $4,700)
- approximately $550 Canadian currency
- two cell phones
The following individuals were charged with numerous firearms and drug-related offences:
Brittany Young, 27, of Winnipeg.
Raven Freedom Sky WILSON, 20, of Winnipeg.
Gerald TROUT, 35, of Winnipeg.
Aaron Nelson MOORE, 32, of Winnipeg.
All four adults were detained in custody.
On June 22, 2021, at approximately 8:00 p.m., the Guns & Gangs Unit entered into a drug investigation in the Centennial neighborhood. A search of a vehicle resulted in the following items being seized:
- a Benelli, 12 Gauge sawed-off shotgun
- approximately 5 oz. of methamphetamine (estimated street value of $3,000)
- approximately 2 oz. of crack cocaine (estimated street value of $3,000)
- approximately 1 oz. of fentanyl (estimated street value of $3,000)
A 24-year-old female of Winnipeg is facing eight firearm and drug-related charges. She was released on an Appearance Notice.
Constable Jay Murray, Public Information Officer
Constable Dani McKinnon, Public Information Officer
Constable Claude Chancy, Public Information Officer
Kelly Dehn, Manager of Public Affairs