|Drivers Licence Fees|
|Taxi Driver (standard)||Annual||1||$70.00|
|Taxi Driver (accessible)||Annual||1||$40.00|
|Vehicle Licence Fees|
|Taxi Vehicle (Standard)||Annual||2||$600.00|
|Taxi Vehicle (Accessible)||Annual||2||$200.00|
|Dispatch Company - Taxi|
|Accessibility Surcharge - Taxi||Per Trip||4||$0.07|
|Per Trip Fee - Taxi||Per Trip||6||$0.10|
|Dispatch Company - Personal Transportation Provider (PTP)|
|Accessibility Surcharge - PTP||Per Trip||4||$0.07|
|Safety Surcharge - PTP||PTP Per Trip||5||$0.03|
|Per Trip Fee - PTP||Per Trip||6||$0.20|
|Administrative fee||Per occurrence||$30.00|
|Drivers licence reissuance||Per occurrence||$25.00|
|Secondary dispatch licence||Per occurrence||3||$200.00|
|Vehicle licence transfer fee||Per occurrence||$400.00|
|Vehicle change fee||Per occurrence||$75.00|
|Appeal fee||Per occurrence||$500.00|
|Late payment fee - individual||Per occurrence||$35.00|
|Late payment fee – vehicle||Per occurrence||$150.00|
|Late payment fee - dispatcher||Per occurrence||$500.00|
|Lost/replacement licence||Per occurrence||$20.00|
|Reinstatement of licence - individual||Per occurrence||$50.00|
|Reinstatement of licence - vehicle||Per occurrence||$500.00|
|Reinstatement of licence - dispatcher||Per occurrence||$1,000.00|
- Drivers Licenses renewal dates will match those of the Manitoba Driver's License.
- Vehicle Licenses are renewable no later than every March 1.
- Dispatch Licenses are renewable every March 1. Dispatchers must have separate licenses to operate a taxi dispatch and a PTP dispatch. The total vehicle between the various types would determine the overall license band.
- An accessibility surcharge will be charged on every trip (accessible and non-accessible trips) during the month when less than 10% of all registered vehicles for hire of a dispatcher were accessible vehicles for hire demonstrated to have provided transportation services during the month. To count as an accessible vehicle for the purposes of determining the applicability of the accessibility surcharge, the dispatcher must demonstrate that an accessible vehicle provided multiple trips on at least one day per week in the month, was occupied on those days by a driver qualified to provide accessible transportation services, and was available on those days for dispatch to individuals who required accessible transportation services.
- A safety surcharge will be charged on every trip of a PTP during the month. This surcharge will be collected and all revenue from this surcharge will be used to support a program to promote safety and security in the vehicle for hire industry.
- The per trip fee is to be applied to all trips. For taxi vehicles this includes both dispatched and street hails. Per trip fees must be paid monthly within 30 days after the end of month. Interest is charged on overdue amounts at 18% per annum.
Last update: December 24, 2019