Search City Services
Use the search box below to request service, or find information you are looking for.
- By Topic:
- I Want To:
Algae on Water
Allotment / Community Gardens
Animal and Insects - Pests
- Property owners are expected to maintain their property or residence so that insects or rodents do not become a nuisance.
- Property and Neighbourhood Standards - Animals and Insects
- Insect Control - Household Pests
- Housing FAQs
- The City of Winnipeg has a select number of athletic fields available for casual rentals for the general public.
- The best way to protect your bicycle is with a good lock and to register your bicycle with the City of Winnipeg Community Services Bicycle Recovery Section.
Body Modification Establishment
Broken Playground Structure
Building Permits - Industry Professionals
Building Permits - Residential
- Apply for some city permits such as basement development, house additions / attached garages, decks, home based business and more.
Building Regulation Brochures
- Information on the building regulations required for legal construction in Winnipeg.
- Search Business Assessments and view sample notices.
- 2011 Statistics Canada Census Data based on a variety of custom geographies. Data from previous census years is also presented.
City Council Agendas
- Approach Construction Permit
- Building Permits for Industry Professionals
- Construction, Use of Street Permit
- Excavation Cut Permit
- Crossing Permit
- Use of Street Permit:
- Annual Curb Lane Usage
- Sewer/Water/Sprinkler Operations
- Street Festival, Marathon and Film Production
- Block Party
- Conducting Business on a Boulevard
- Report damage to property or vehicles, theft, lost property and update existing police reports for non-violent incidents with no suspects.
- * Note this link will take you to the Police Online Reporting website
- CrimeStat shows crime statistics, maps and graphcs, which are updated weekly.
- At any time an applicant requires to cross a city right-of-way a Crossing Permit is required.
Discharge Weapon Permit
Dogs Available for Adoption
- Many of the dogs brought to Animal Services are strays that are never claimed by their owners. Help us give these dogs a second chance.
- Adopt a Dog
Dutch Elm Disease
Request City inspection of Elm trees that show symptoms or signs of Dutch Elm Disease. (Seasonal)
- EmergWeb, your one-stop shop for City information during an emergency.
- Health Inspections
- Commercial Cooking Equipment Installation, Alteration and Maintenance Guidelines
- Becoming ill from food
Grease Traps and Preventing Sewer Backups
Fences: Broken, Improper Height
Financial Assistance Programs
Financial Reports and Documents
Garbage Bins in Parks
- Garbage bins in parks are emptied once every 2 weeks in conjuction with the mowing cycle
Garbage That Needs Special Handling
General Problems with House
- ie. floors, walls, ceiling, windows, screens, storm windows, toilet or sink
- Property and Neighbourhood Standards - Housing
Golf Customer Loyalty Program
Golf Gift Card
Report graffiti on City of Winnipeg facilities (e.g., library, skate parks).
Gravel Back Lanes
Home Based Business
Improper Drainage of Sump Pump Hose or Downspouts
Indoor Pool Locations and Swim Schedules
- Swimming is a fun, educational and healthy lifestyle choice. Whether you are coming to enjoy some of the fun pool toys and equipment or enrolling in one of the many programs, we have something for everyone.
- Find a pool
- Insect Control Branch
- Insect Control Program Buffer Zone. Request to have a buffer zone applied to a property.
Leisure Guide Program Registration - leisureonline
Library Card and Services
Litter in Public Areas
- Picked up once every 2 weeks - in conjuction with the mowing cycle.
Litter on Boulevard
Litter on Yards
Long Vegetation/Grass (6" +)
Lost Property on a Bus
- Report lost property to Winnipeg Police.
Major Infrastructure Projects
Manhole Cover - Missing or Ajar
- Call 911
- View City of Winnipeg maps including Cycling, Street Construction, CrimeStat and more.
- Download our apps to have information on City services available on your mobile device
Mobile Food Vendor
Mobile Sign Permit
- If you find a needle or syringe in a playground or park, contact 311
Neighbourhoods of Winnipeg (NOW)
- Apply for a Noise Permit
On Street Parking
- Winnipeg Parks are open for use from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on average. Some parks will identify the park hours on a sign leading into the park. Many of our community parks have no time limits posted.
- Park Washrooms - Hours of Operation
Parks and Open Space Rentals
- Animal Services online pet licensing - buy your dog/cat license online
Property and Neighbourhood Standards
Recycling and Garbage - Apply for Reduced Service
Recycling, Garbage and Yard Waste - Charities and Places of Worship
Recycling, Garbage and Yard Waste - Residential
- Collection Calendar
- What is my Collection Day?
- Recycling Information
- Garbage Information
- Yard Waste Information
- Cart Placement
- Don't throw garbage down the drain
- Brady Road Resource Management Facility (Brady Road Landfill)
Search for an item to find out how to recycle or dispose of it.
- Find out how to pay your realty or business taxes.
Sewer and Water - Permits and Licenses
Sewer Drains (Catch Basin)
Report frozen Sewer Drains (catch basin) to prevent street flooding. If private property is flooded or there's a safety concern phone 311. (Seasonal)
Sidewalk, Street, Curb Repair
Report sidewalks in need of repair. If public safety is a concern call 311.
Snow Removal - On Street Only
- Call Police non-emergency at 204-986-6222
Street/Block Party and Special Event Permits
- Noise Permit
- Parade Permit
- Use of Street Permit
- Block Party
- Street Festival, Marathon and Film Production
- Special Events Permit Brochure (temporary tents, large stages, bleachers, etc.)
- Special Events Permit for Small Tents Brochure (under 900 sq. ft)
- Special Events Permit Application Form
- Temporary Food Services Events - Government of Manitoba
Street Related Permits
Street Sign - Install/Remove
Request to install, change or remove street signage
For missing stop signs call 311
Subdivisions, Rezonings, and Development Applications
Swimming Lesson Registration
- Registration methods for swimming lessons.
Swimming Pool Information - Residential
Tax and Assessment Information
- My Properties allows you to view tax and assessment details about your property
Tax Installment Payment Plan (T.I.P.P.)
- Find out how to pay your realty or business taxes monthly
Tree on Boulevard
- Tree Pruning Service (Trees on City property)
- Who prunes the trees in a park if they overhang onto my property?
- For disputes about trees call Mediation Services at 204-925-3410
- Property and Neighbourhood Standards - Yards
Vacant and Boarded Up Buildings
- Existing Building Inspections
- Property and Neighbourhood Standards - Vacant Buildings Program
- Contact 311 to register a complaint.
Who is my Councillor and What Ward am I in?
- Use the Citizen Information Service to search for information related to your address
Your personal information is being collected under the authority of The City of Winnipeg Charter Act and The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), and is protected by the Protection of Privacy provisions of FIPPA. This information will be used to complete the request that you have submitted to 311 and for 311 service quality assurance, training and monitoring purposes. It will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. If you have any questions about the collection of this information, contact the responsible Access and Privacy Coordinator by emailing FIPPA.