Active Transportation Routes
Winnipeg Cycling map
The static maps below outline cycling routes, both existing and proposed, based on the City of Winnipeg’s Active Transportation Network. However, cyclists may use all streets within the city. Street conditions may vary depending on the time of day, day of the week, and the season. Be prepared to make your own evaluation of traffic and road conditions, and plan routes appropriate to your riding skills.
- Downtown Winnipeg
- North Winnipeg
- South Winnipeg
- East Winnipeg
- West Winnipeg
- Map Legend
- Entire map Side 1
- Entire map Side 2
You can pick up a printed copy of the City of Winnipeg Cycling Map at one of these locations:
- Millennium Library
- Travel and Tourism outlets - Broadway, Forks Market Road, Portage
- Mountain Equipment Coop - 303 Portage Ave.
- Sport Manitoba Library - Sport for Life Centre - 145 Pacific Avenue
- Winnipeg Trails Association - 235-614 Des Meurons
- Natural Cycle Bikeshop - 91 Albert Street
- Bikes and Beyond - 233 Henderson Hwy.
- Woodcock Cycle - 433 St Marys Rd.
- Olympia - 1813 Portage Ave. - 326 St Mary's Rd.
- Human Bean Coffee & Tea - 1 Forks Market Rd.
- Alter Ego - 1605 Pembina Hwy.
- Gooch's - 1046 Portage Ave.
- Life Sport - 411 Pembina Hwy.
- Sampsons - 525 Pembina Hwy.
- Royal Sports - 650 Raleigh St. - 750 Pembina Hwy.
- Corydon Cycle and Sport - 753 Corydon Ave.
- University of Manitoba
- Sport for Life Centre - 145 Pacific Ave.
Note: Available while supplies last.
Parking Protected Bike Lane
The Public Works Department constructed the City’s first “Parking Protected Bike Lane” on Sherbrook Street between Wolseley Ave and Broadway during the 2014 construction season. The rest of the facility will be a curb side bike lane similar to the one on Maryland Street.