Fee Subsidy Program
Recreation is for Everyone!
The goal of the City of Winnipeg Community Services Department’s Fee Subsidy Program is to expand access to recreation opportunities and experiences for Winnipeggers, regardless of family income.
There are 2 main types of subsidies available:
- Facility access
The no-charge facility access pass provides low income Winnipeggers with free admission to City of Winnipeg recreation facilities (swimming pools and leisure centres)
- Program subsidies
Includes registered Leisure Guide activities/swimming lessons and drop-in active living programs
You may qualify for a fee subsidy if you are a City of Winnipeg resident and one of the following applies:
- You have a family income below the low income cut-off (LICO) (amounts listed below)
- You have a social assistance case number
- You have a refugee assistance case number
|People in Household||Household Income|
|More than 7||for each additional person,
(Sources: Statistics Canada Low Income Cut-offs 2014 and Canadian Immigration and Citizenship (CIC) Federal Income Table 2016)
How to Apply:
Fill out an application form
After you fill out the application form, please save it to your computer. The completed form can either be submitted by email or printed and submitted by mail or fax, as per the instructions below.
- Provide verification of economic need (required only once per year)
Along with your application form, you will need to include a copy of one of the following (if it has not already been supplied in the past 12 months):
- Social assistance case number (including case worker’s name and phone number)
- Refugee assistance case number (including case worker’s name and phone number)
- Most recent Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment identifying annual family net income (including the Notice of Assessment for your spouse/partner)
- Monthly statement of income from CPP Disability (including the income verification for your spouse/partner)
- Submit your completed application form and verification of economic need (if it has not already been supplied in the past 12 months)
- Email: email@example.com
Fee Subsidy Program
Community Services Department
7th Floor, 395 Main St.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 3N8
- Fax: 204-986-4274
Processing Timelines: up to 10 business days upon receiving request
A written response letter/email will be provided to the applicant. Please note that staff may contact the applicant to confirm or clarify any information submitted.
Important information if you are applying for a program subsidy for registered Leisure Guide activities/swimming lessons:
- Applications should be submitted prior to the registration start dates.
- Applicants will be registered if a spot is available when they are approved. Applicants are encouraged to list more than one choice on the application form, as the first choice may not be available.
For more information on the Fee Subsidy Program, please call 311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on Equipment Loan Fee Subsidies.